Shaykh bin Baz رحمه الله – Ahad Reports
Question: What is meant by hadeeth ‘Ahaad’? And is it to be accepted in matters of ‘Aqeedah?
Answer: Khabr-ul-‘Ahaad is any hadeeth that has not satisfied the conditions of being mutawaatir, and it is called the Khayr-ul-Ahaad (i.e., best one) and it is three categories:
1. Mashur (i.e., well known), also called Mustafeedh (i.e., extensive reports)
3. Khabr-ul -Waahid (i.e., narrations with only one reporter).
Likewise, the Imaams of hadeeth have made that clear, and among them is al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr, may Allah have mercy on him, in (his book): ‘Al Nukhbar’ and its explanation (i.e., which he explained as well). And Khabr-ul-Ahaad is a proof in (matters of) ’Aqeedah and other than that with the people of the Sunnah if its chains of narration have been authenticated. And Allah is the One who grants all success.
- Translation by: Abu Muhammad Abd Kareem Hagedorn
- Revisions of translation by: Abu Sulaymaan Muhammad ‘Abd Azim Ibn Baker
- Source of original text: (Majmoo’ Fatawa of Shaykh Ibn Baaz volume#25 pg.61)
- Link to Original Fatwa: http://binbaz.org.sa/mat/3323
Trackback from your site.